The Aquae Viva water park, is a modern development whose domes conform with the local rolling Zagorijan hills. Beneath the domes is found the largest indoor pool complex in Croatia. The Aquae Viva opening was on 21.03.2015.
- Total area of the Aquae Vivae water park: 18.000m²
- Pool capacity: 1.200 persons
- There are 5 indoor pools and 1 outdoor pool (One of the indoor pools connects directly to the outdoor pool) in the watter park. The total surface area of the pools is bigger than 1.500m²
- All pools are filled with therapeutic thermomineral water
- The temperature range of all our pools is 28 – 38° C
- We have more than 160 water attractions, including waterfalls, water spouts, water massages, etc.
- Indoor water slide – 5m high and with a slide length of 50m
- The diving pool is 4.5m deep, professionally equipped, with diving instructors
- The wave pool
- Olympic (sport) pool 25m x 12.5m
- More than 600 comfortable deck-chairs, which are available for use by Aquae Viva guests
- A self-service restaurant, ‘Vivae,’ with a capacity of 120 people
- A Lobby bar
Only the best quality materials were used for the building of our water park, and special attention was given to the wood/stone combination to express warmth in every area.
The artist, Stjepan Đukić Pišta, gave the new Aquae Viva water park artistic value by painting the centre pillar of Dome 2, using the picture-embossing technique. The name of the art work is: ‘Kupaci’ (Bathers).
Since 1986 Stjepan Đukić Pišta has been professionally active in the visual arts, and developed the ‘large format picture-embossing technique’ as an original technique. He is a member of the Croatian Association of Artists. He is very active in exhibiting his work at exhibitions in Croatia and abroad. He also performs very demanding compositions in sacral buildings throughout Croatia. A specialty of Đukić’s art are his portraits, an area in which he has proven himself with persuasiveness and artistic expresiveness, sponatanuity and visual gesturality as one of the most interesting Croatian protrait artists.
The entrance dome and walls were painted by Filip Mrvelj, an artist from Slavonski Brod, with motives from Croatia so that within the first dome the whole of Croatia has been brought together under the slogan “A Salute to the homeland”
Filip’s work is the painting of the centre pillar of Dome 1 and parts of the walls and façade at the main entrance towards the outdoor pool.
Filip Mrvelj is a 3D artist in the Republic of Croatia, who is active in the 3D anamorphosis branch of art. Filip began exhibiting this type of art (increasing in popularity throughout the world) to the Croatian public in 2010.
The speciality of this technique is that it creates a 3D effect for the viewer, when looking at the painting from a certain angle, and through the lense of a camera or mobile phone.